“We also encourage people to always wash their hands and perform social distancing to prevent the contagion of the virus,” Pertamina president director Agus Mashud S. Asngari said in a press statement on Wednesday.Read also: Some good COVID-19-related news you might have missedThe organization, which focuses on the education and environment sectors, previously distributed portable sinks on Monday to the athletes village in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta. The sinks will later sent to public spaces such as hospitals, markets and bus stops. The move was aimed at increasing public sanitation as well as awareness on the importance of hand washing to face the pandemic, Agus said.Furthermore, he also called on members of the public to contribute to efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The public could start small by taking care of their health and their environment, he said.“The effort carried out by the Pertamina Foundation is only a small contribution out of all the elements of society that have helped each other to fight COVID-19,” Agus added.“Little efforts could be bigger efforts that involve everyone. We must support this positive energy to be a big energy for Indonesia until the end of the pandemic.”Topics : As part of efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19, Pertamina Foundation is distributing hand sanitizer, portable sinks to those in need in capital city Jakarta to promote awareness of cleanliness, which is key in the fight against the respiratory disease.The foundation gave hand sanitizer to several Islamic boarding schools and orphanages in Jakarta such as As Surur, Sa’adatud Darraain and Al Amanah.Pertamina Foundation also delivered posters with messages to encourage residents to carry out safety precautions amid the pandemic. The non-profit organization, tasked with managing the CSR funds of state-owned oil and gas firm Pertamina, handed over two jerrycans containing 5 liters of hand sanitizer to each Islamic boarding school and orphanage.
Have we over reacted to concussions in every level of sports? I am not in any way questioning the need for quick and complete care for anyone who suffers a concussion. I think the problem has become that all hits on the field of play now are considered concussions. I am not advocating going back to the old football saying “he just got his bell rung”, but is it necessary to keep a student athlete from attending school for 3 weeks after a concussion? Yes, it is, if it is truly a concussion. I understand they now are not allowed to use computers during this concussion recovery time which makes it difficult for them to keep up with their studies. I am sure that the medical field is just as perplexed as the rest of us because if they decide a bump on the head is not serious and some kind of delayed reaction occurs, the legal ramifications would get out of hand quickly. Herein lies the dilemma. Have they given the medical personnel a concrete set of guidelines for them to follow or is it left up to the individual person to decide? Again I stress, I do not want any athlete on the field if they have any form of concussion. We don’t need all of the complications that seem to have cropped up after years of not taking concussions seriously. One of the solutions might be to add helmets to more sports than football. Soccer and pole vaulting are two of the areas I think consideration for the helmet must be given. We still want kids to want to play and not be afraid that serious health problems will occur if they do get hit. Another solution might be to delay some sports until the kids are a little older and a little more coordinated. I certainly do not have all the answers.
Incoming world number one, Rafael Nadal has been knocked out of the Cincinnati Masters by Australian, Nick Kyrgios.22-year-old Kyrgios, who is currently world number 23, defeated Nadal in straight sets, 6-2 7-5 in the quarter finals on Friday to perfectly position himself for a US Open place.Speaking shortly after the game, Kyrgios explained: “In the last couple of months I had a rollercoaster of scenes,”Ever since Davis Cup, had such a big high. Obviously my grandpa passed away. Had some off-court issues. My head’s been all over the place.”“I have just been going through a load of shit, sorry for cussing, but a load of stuff that’s distracted me from just trying to play some tennis, and hopefully I’m just trying to get on the right track again.”The pair then paid tribute to the victims of Thursday’s attack in Barcelona, an incident Rafael Nadal described as “a tragedy”.“[It’s] a tragedy, the feeling that you are not safe, so that’s terrible. So just very sad. I’m very, very sorry about what happened to all the victims, all the families, friends.”“[This] is the moment to be together like a country and all being together, we go through these kind of things.” the Spaniard added.Kyrgios will now square up against David Ferrer in the semi-finals on Sunday.Related